Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Tuesday 25 August 2015

Pierce Brosnan Has Hilarious Excuse Why He Turned Down Batman Role

Photo: REX/Theo Kingma


Tim Burton did great in his two Batman films starring Michael Keaton. The first one was a box office success and was commended for its dark and gritty tone and great build up of the Joker who was played by Jack Nicholson. The second one called “Batman Returns” was also praised for pretty much the same reason.

Keaton's name in comic book movie history has already been cemented thanks to these films. Interestingly, he was not the first choice to play the Dark Knight. It was Pierce Brosnan. However, he turned it down and the reason behind is funny.

It was the beginning of these huge movies, and I just thought, Batman?” Brosnan said in an interview with Details magazine. “Batman held such an indelible place in my own childhood, but I said something flippant to Tim Burton, like, ‘Any guy who wears his underpants outside his trousers cannot be taken seriously.’ So yeah.”

Brosnan first revealed that he was approached for the Batman role in 2014 through a Reddit MMA. There, he said that he turned it down because he just cannot take it seriously.

Yes, I did. I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman. But I just couldn’t really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I? Don’t get me wrong, because I love Batman, and I grew up on Batman. As a kid in Ireland, we used to get our raincoats and tie them round our neck and swing through the bicycle shed."
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Pierce Brosnan Has Hilarious Excuse Why He Turned Down Batman Role Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews