Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Tuesday 2 June 2015

Klay Thompson cleared to play in NBA Finals

Klay Thompson cleared to play in NBA Finals opener
Golden State Warriors' second-leading scorer behind MVP Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson has downplayed his concussion as he waited for the final evaluation of medical professionals if he can play in the NBA Finals opener.

"I feel great, honestly,"said the shooting guard who suffered a concussion during the Game 5 of their Western Conference Finals against the Houston Rockets. "These past two days, I feel like I've got my wind back. Tomorrow is the final tune-up. Just trying to stop the nerves and anxiousness, or keep them down as much as possible.

"I'll be evaluated right after I speak to you guys and it's looking like I'll be ready for Thursday. I'm almost – I'm 99.9% positive I will be."

It seemed like his positivity attracted good vibes because right after talking to the group of reporters, he has passed the NBA's concussion protocol and was cleared to play in Game 1 against the Cleveland Cavaliers. He has only missed a couple of the Warrior's practices, but has been able to participate in two consecutive days and played the full 10 minutes in two different scrimmages.

The California native who's known for his shooting skills has an average of 21.7 points per game in the regular season and 19.7 during the postseason. Asked if his rhythm was affected by the kick given to him by Houston's Trevor Ariza on the fourth quarter of their last game he said, "I don't think so. We had so much time to get it back."

The Warriors will be hosting LeBron James' side on June 5, 09:00 (GMT+8).
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Klay Thompson cleared to play in NBA Finals Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews