Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Monday 24 August 2015

Sepp Blatter Insists There Is No Corruption In FIFA Organization


Ever since he assumed presidency in FIFA almost two decades ago, Sepp Blatter has been bombarded with accusations of corruption. This includes the anomalous granting of hosting rights of World Cup to South Africa (2010) and very recently, to Russia (2018) and Qatar (2022). The Swedish football official has already expressed intention to step out of his post next year. He said he will remain as organization's chief until an extraordinary FIFA Congress is held for his successor to be elected.

Although the accusations are strong, Blatter insists there is no corruption in the world's football governing body.

"That's not true, this has been created. The institution is not corrupt รข€“ there is no corruption in football," he said in a lengthy interview with BBC Sport. "There is corruption with individuals, there is not a general organized corruption.”

"It is with people, the institution FIFA is not corrupt. It's not the institution, that's why I can't understand why the world's media say FIFA is corrupt."

Blatter also explained why he is retiring. He said it is something he wants to do to be able to protect FIFA.

"I did it because I wanted to protect FIFA. I can protect myself. I am strong enough.
 
"I know what I have done, what I have not done, I have my conscience and I know I'm an honest man. I am clean. I am not a worried man."
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Sepp Blatter Insists There Is No Corruption In FIFA Organization Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews