Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Monday 24 August 2015

Pedro: 'I Never Imagined I Would Leave Barca'


Pedro has made his debut for English Premiere League club Chelsea and boy, it could be the most perfect start he can imagine for himself. Right from the first minute he was fielded vs West Brom last weekend, the Spanish forward who the Blues bought from Barcelona already felt comfortable. He scored one goal and provided one assist to help his new team record its first win. He is so good one would think he is looking forward to that moment all his life.

That is not the case according to Pedro. In fact, he never thought of a moment he will leave Barcelona where he played since 2004.

"At the start it felt strange to wear the Chelsea shirt, because I had never imagined I would leave Barca," Pedro said during a farewell press conference given to him by Barcelona.

"I'm going with my head held high. I have always given my best, in every game and every training session. But I'm happy with what I have achieved and everything I have learned from my team-mates.”

The 28-year old football star also said Barcelona will not miss him in terms of the role he once held. He believes the 2015 UEFA Champions League winners have enough players to fill the void.

"I don't think the team will miss me as there are great players here. I will miss them though, that's the sad part."

"There are many [great memories]; it's hard to single out one. I have shared so many great times with some great players," he added.
 
With Barcelona, Pedro won five La Liga trophies, three Copa del Rey, and three Champions League. He was also named 2009-2010 La Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year while with the team.
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Pedro: 'I Never Imagined I Would Leave Barca' Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews