Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Saturday 15 August 2015

Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He Doesn't Know Ronda Rousey But Wishes Her The Best

BJJ News: Getty Images

Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Ronda Rousey are beasts in their respective sports. One is in boxing and one is in mixed martial arts – both undefeated. Although they are coming from different kinds of sport, they still meet each other, through verbal jabs.

Rousey has been very critical of the undefeated welterweight boxer, especially of his cases against women. She is also confident she can beat the boxer in an MMA fight.

Although Rousey always calls out Floyd Mayweather Jr., the latter just remains silent about the verbal jabs. It is also unlikely that he will grant the female MMA fighter's challenge. However, in an interview with Fight Hub TV, he broke his silence. His words were different though from what people expected from him. There is no disrespect. Instead, he wishes Rousey the 'best in everything.'

Like I said before, I don't really know too much about Ronda Rousey,” he said.

Even before, I think they got upset because I thought Ronda Rousey ... you know, I didn't know who that was. So, whoever, whoever ... she is ... because before, I didn't know who she was, you know? I wish her nothing but the best. Good luck with everything.”

Last June, shortly after she beat Floyd Mayweather Jr on the ESPY Best Female Athlete, Ronda Rousey dissed Floyd. She said the ESPY award is probably the only time Floyd will be beaten by a woman. The boxer responded to it saying he does not know her.

He went on to say that may be someday, Rousey will be under his promotion team.

"I wish her congratulations because I didn't know who she was the other day," Mayweather told Fighthub. "I apologize because I didn't know. I'm used to watching football and basketball. I'm not really into boxing like that. When they tell me, 'Floyd, you need to check out a fighter, you need to scout a fighter' I'll say, 'Well, let me see him. We need to sign him.'

"Of course," said Mayweather. "Mayweather Promotions, we are the past, present and future of sports entertainment. And yes, we will get involved with other contact sports in the future."



  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He Doesn't Know Ronda Rousey But Wishes Her The Best Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews