Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Monday 31 August 2015

Andrew Garfield Takes Blame For Backlash In Amazing Spider-Man Films



As you might have heard by now, there will be a new Spider-Man film and he will be played by a different actor. This new film about Marvel's most iconic comic book character will have 19-year old actor Tom Holland to wear the blue and red costume donned by Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield.

Some fans think there is no need for a new Spider-Man movie since Garfield made a satisfying take on the character. The last one bombed but still made it big in the box office. Garfield has a completely different opinion though. He thinks he did not do the role justice.

"I never felt like I was able to do enough. And I couldn't rescue those films...even though I didn't sleep. [laughs]” Garfield said according to a report by Comicbook.com

"And I wanted to...not to say that I needed to rescue those films, but I couldn't make them as deep and soulful and...life-giving as I could ever dream. And I'm never gonna be able to do that, with any film. It was especially difficult in that situation because...well, just because."

On the same interview, Garfield also made a shocking statement that he was never the Spider-Man.

Well, nothing, because I was never Spider-Man. Because Spider-Man's a fictional character. He's not real. [laughs] You know what's funny, to give you the vulnerable answer, I thought I was going to be Spider-Man, you know? I went into it going...ego s**t came in. It's like, "Okay, here it is. I'm f***ing Spider-Man. I f***ing made it." All that s**t. [laughs] I didn't actually make it. I was never Spider-Man.


I was the actor that I am. The person that I am. Struggling with trying to match up with something that I'd elevated so high in my mind. Elevated beyond what I could attain, what I could achieve. The great thing is, that's what Peter Parker was doing as well. Peter Parker created this symbol that he couldn't live up to. It was never enough. He never felt enough, and I never felt enough.”
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Andrew Garfield Takes Blame For Backlash In Amazing Spider-Man Films Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews