Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Monday 31 August 2015

Shaq Hated It When Kobe Bryant Won His Fifth Ring



It is no secret that Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant parted ways in 2004 due to some misunderstanding. Los Angeles Lakers fans were disappointed that the duo that brought them three championships had to be broken up.

Both players went on to succeed in their separate journeys. O'Neal won a championship a year after with Miami Heat while Kobe Bryant decided to stay with the Lakers and won two more rings five years after split with Shaq.

Kobe Bryant now has more rings than his former partner - five to four - and Shaq hated that.

In his own show “The Big Podcast with Shaq”, the Diesel admitted to Kobe Bryant face-to-face that he was pissed when the latter won his fifth ring in 2010.

"I was pissed," he said. "I got four first, so I threw a little jab. He had a couple years. Then, they somehow got Paul Gasol and [Andrew] Bynum and they got four. I was like, 'OK, we're tied. I'm cool for awhile.' Then he gets number five and a reporter says, 'You feel good that you got one more than Shaq?' Kobe's like, 'Yeah, I got one more than Shaq.' I'm like, 'Aw, shit! They got me.'"

Kobe Bryant also watched Shaq get his fourth ring in 2004 season. However, he did not feel bitter about it. He was instead motivated.


"I knew it was going to push me more," he said. "I always wanted to get where Magic was, to where Michael was, so four wasn't something that was on my radar. It pushed me even more. It drove me even more. So when I got five [rings], I couldn't help but turn the knife a little bit."
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Shaq Hated It When Kobe Bryant Won His Fifth Ring Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews