Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Wednesday 24 June 2015

Brazil decides not to appeal for Neymar's suspension

Brazil have confirmed that they would not appeal for Neymar's suspension, meaning the captain will miss knockout rounds of the Copa America.

 The team’s star player was handed a four-match suspension after he apparently head-butted his Colombian opponent in the team’s second group-stage game.



Neymar was shown smiling in the audience as he watched Brazil beat Venezuela, 2-1, to claim the top spot in Group C — arguably the toughest group in the competition. Being there but unable to help his team proved a lot more emotional.
Neymar left the team’s training camp in Chile, noting in a heartfelt essay posted to Instagram that remaining there was offering him “no joy.


“Regardless of where I’ll be from now on, I’ll always follow Brazil, rooting for the success of my teammates, but staying here training is killing me inside,”  he wrote in a long caption accompanying a photo of him with his team. “It’s awful to train without preparing for something and this could lead to an accidental injury which would make it even more difficult.”

“I apologize to my colleagues for putting myself in this situation, but I’m sure this was an important learning curve in my career.”

Since arriving back in Brazil, Neymar has been spending time with family, his young son and his mother.
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Brazil decides not to appeal for Neymar's suspension Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews