Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Monday 3 August 2015

Shane Mosley Sets Eye On Floyd Mayweather Jr, Manny Pacquiao Rematch As He Mull Return

Shane Mosley: Photo from Getty Images


Shane Mosley has retired from boxing twice already. Looks like there will be a third time. The 2000 and 2001 Ring Magazine's best pound for pound fighter recently admitted he is mulling a come back and he is not just looking to get paychecks - what he is after is revenge.

The 43-year old former lightweight and bantamweight champ told Boxingscene.com he is looking to return to fight again and his targets are the ones who beat him before such as Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquiao.

"My mindset is to beat all the guys that beat me. Obviously I can't beat Vernon Forrest. God bless the dead. There is Mayweather, there is Pacquiao and there is Winky (Wright) if he wants to come back and fight. There is Saul Alvarez Canelo and Miguel Cotto. They are all out there to fight,” Mosley said.

Shane Mosley also insisted that he feels better now after taking years off from the grueling sport.

"I healed for two years and I feel great. People say I'm old but Bernard Hopkins is 50 and he's getting ready to fight. When I was 38, 39 I was considered old but Mayweather is 38 and Pacquiao is 38 or 37 and they aren't considered old.”

"Why do I get the old man's title when I probably look the youngest out of all of them? If people don't know me sometimes I still get carded. People think I look 25 or 26.

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are not the only former foes he wants to go after. He is also open to rematch with Oscar de la Hoya and Miguel Cotto.

"I love rematches. I want rematches with Cotto. If he wants the rematch let's do it. If Oscar De La Hoya wants the rematch let's do it. Right now there aren't any injuries - the Achilles, the groin. I am good.

"Let's do the rematches."


  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Shane Mosley Sets Eye On Floyd Mayweather Jr, Manny Pacquiao Rematch As He Mull Return Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews