Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Tuesday 28 July 2015

Former NBA All-Star Vin Baker training to become a Starbucks manager

A four-time NBA All-Star and Olympic gold-medal winner (2000), Baker ended his professional basketball career with the Los Angeles Clippers after the 2005-06 season.


Baker battled alcoholism and financial missteps and this leads him to become a pastor and now training to become a full-time Starbucks manager at North Kingstown

"I love North Kingstown," Baker said. 

"It reminds me of my hometown, so it's comfortable. I like this community. Starbucks draws a lot of repeat customers, and so many know me now."

Baker currently works behind the counter as a barista and trains to become a Starbucks manager.
 
"When you learn lessons in life, no matter what level you're at financially, the important part to realize is it could happen. I was an alcoholic, I lost a fortune. I had great talent and lost it. For the people on the outside looking in, they're like 'Wow.' For me, I'm 43 and I have four kids. I have to pick up the pieces. I'm a father. I'm a minister in my father's church. I have to take the story and show that you can bounce back. If I use my notoriety in the right way, most people will appreciate this guy is just trying to bounce back in his life."

As for basketball, nowadays Baker is still trying to catch on with an NBA team in a coaching capacity. Until he gets that call, however, he's minding the roast and slowly taking over the caffeine cartel.
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Former NBA All-Star Vin Baker training to become a Starbucks manager Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews