Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Friday 29 May 2015

Sepp Blatter wins his fifth term as FIFA president

FIFA  have re-elected Sepp Blatter as president of football's world governing body. Blatter have declared "I am the president now, the president of everybody."

Earlier, seven top officials were arrested in Switzerland as part of a US prosecution regarding the corrupstion charges. And Mr. Blatter has faced calls to resign, including from UK Prime Minister David Cameron.

However Mr Blatter was re-elected as the FIFA president, while his rival Prince Ali withdrew his candidacy.

Prince Ali has thanked his brave supporters as he announced his decision to withdraw from the contest.

"I am not perfect, nobody is perfect, but we will do a good job together I am sure.

"I take the responsibility to bring back Fifa where it should be... Let's go Fifa! Let's go Fifa!" Prince Ali said.

In withdrawing his candidacy: Prince Ali said: "It's been a wonderful journey... And I want to thank in particular those of you who were brave enough to support me."

Michel Platini, UEFA President who backed Ali in his candidacy has said "I am proud that Uefa has defended and supported a movement for change at Fifa, change which in my opinion is crucial if this organisation is to regain its credibility."
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Sepp Blatter wins his fifth term as FIFA president Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews