Bet365

Bet365
Bet365
Trending
Sunday 16 August 2015

2015 BWF World Championships Result


Lee Chong Wei lost the in the final of the BWF World Championships, after  Chen Long dominated in the Istora Senayan in Jakarta.

“I have been here for 9 or 10 days,” said Chen Long in his post-match press conference.  

“It’s a long period for me and every day seems to be very long.  For a long time, China has not won any men’s singles title in Jakarta, including the Indonesia Open and other singles titles so I’m very, very happy to get this title in such a wonderful country like Indonesia.

“Actually, last year, I cried but this year maybe I cried more.  Perhaps it’s because this tournament was very difficult to play.  Every match was very difficult.  Every opponent was so strong.  I’m so happy to win this men’s singles, not only for myself but also for the China team.”

“I have played Lee Chong Wei many times – more than twenty times – and sometimes I win and sometimes he wins so I just have to be myself.  Because I am younger than Chong Wei, every time I play him I will be the young challenger.

“This is interesting and quite hard to say because I’m in the middle.  In front of me are Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan. They are like the big mountains for me to outgrow.  Behind me are so many challengers – Momota, Axelsen, even Jorgensen are behind me – and they will make it very difficult for me.”

Meanwhile, Carolina Marin was also able to defend her title after she past edge Saina Nehwal.

“I want to say thank you so much to Indonesian fans because today I am very happy with my performance on court because the crowd was supporting me during the match and they gave me confidence on court,” Marin said.

“I’m very happy because when I went to the court I thought I just want to enjoy the final today, enjoy the crowd, and enjoy the tournament because it’s the last match.

“I think I have the best team behind me.  That’s the way I could win two World Championships.

“I feel happier [than last year] because this time was more difficult than the first time.  One month ago, I sustained and injury to my right foot so many people thought I wouldn’t be able to play in this tournament so two weeks before this tournament I started to move on court.  I just kept thinking about what I worked on in my training and about what I have to do and today I was able to enjoy this tournament.”

Meanwhile on the mixed doubles, Zhao Yunlei and Zhang Nan, are one of the highlight after winning all but their semi-final in straight-game matches, the longest of which was 45 minutes.

“Actually there are many pairs at the top level in the world in mixed doubles, including our Chinese team-mates and players from other countries.  I don’t have any secret for keeping this high level.  I just keep practicing every day.”

Final results:

XD: Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei (CHN) [1] beat Liu Cheng / Bao Yixin (CHN) [4]  21-17, 21-11
WS: Carolina Marin (ESP) [1] beat Saina Nehwal (IND) [2]  21-16, 21-19
MS: Chen Long (CHN) [1] beat Lee Chong Wei (MAS)  21-14, 21-17
WD: Tian Qing / Zhao Yunlei (CHN) [5] beat Christinna Pedersen / Kamilla Rytter Juhl (DEN) [4]  23-25, 21-8, 21-15
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: 2015 BWF World Championships Result Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sports Betting and Match Previews